The business was started by Ralph G. Vincent (RGV), built on the solid values of good customer service, good communication and value for money. The company started out renting a single hangar bay from the airport, had its first hangar built in 1985 and now operates from its new purpose built facility in SE4 at Gloucestershire Airport.
Stuart J. Vincent joined RGV in 1983 and with Alec J. Vincent who joined in 1992, built the company to where it is now – the leading GA maintenance provider in the UK. The company values adhered to by their father are still at the core of the business.
Leave the M5 motorway at Junction 11, either Southbound or Northbound, follow the signs for Cheltenham/A40. Follow the dual carriageway to the next roundabout, keep left and take first exit onto the B4063. After approximately 0.1 miles turn left onto Badgeworth Road. Continue for approximately 0.4 miles until you reach a junction. Go straight over this junction onto Bamfurlong Lane. Follow this road for approximately three quarters of a mile. You will pass over the motorway again and enter a right hand bend. Immediately after the bend you should see the signs for Gloucestershire Airport on your left. Please turn left onto the Airport and left again once inside the airport. RGV Aviation is the second building after the airport terminal, on your right. Parking is available in the main car park opposite our building. Welcome!
The nearest train station is Cheltenham Spa. From there you can catch a taxi to Gloucestershire Airport.
Gloucestershire’s ICAO code is EGBJ. RGV is located in the Third hangar on the left of the maintenance area. Click here to download an EGBJ Ground chart indicating where RGV is located. Whilst we do out best to ensure that these are current we cannot guarantee that they are. Please note, RGV Aviation is not responsible for the content of any external websites.
Hours: 40 Hours per week (Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00)
Holiday: 28 Days including Bank Holidays, plus fixed 3 days at Christmas.
Main Purpose of Job:
The successful candidate will be part of our maintenance team and be involved in maintenance activities including scheduled maintenance, defect rectification and troubleshooting.
• To undertake maintenance tasks on the aircraft under the guidance of the company Certifying Engineers.
• To keep an accurate daily time record maintenance activities on each aircraft worked upon.
• To undertake parts requisition from the bonded aircraft stores.
• To maintain a clean workshop environment at all times.
• To be prepared to adjust working hours and arrangements when necessary.
• Any other duties as required by the RGV Directors.
• At least 5 Years’ experience in general aviation type aircraft (e.g. Cirrus, Beechcraft, Cessna and Piper).
• Computer literate with knowledge of how to use aircraft maintenance data.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to liaise with personnel in a manner conducive to good working relationships.
• The ability to work quickly, without compromising safety and quality of workmanship.
• The ability to work efficiently under pressure as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal instruction and follow company procedures.
• To be well organised and have a methodical approach.
• Be adaptable and flexible to meet changing demands.
Do you want to be part of a key support team in one of the country’s leading aircraft maintenance companies?
Are you physically able to move workshop equipment such as jacks and small hoists?
We are looking for a General Assistant and Cleaner to join us in supporting our maintenance operations.
You may have your level 1 or 2 certificate in Cleaning and Support Skills but this is an advantage rather than a requirement. As you will be working in an aircraft engineering environment, you will be constantly be learning.
This is not just a simple support job – you can be part of a real team and your progress will depend on your capabilities.
You must have leave to remain in the UK and to work here. We cannot entertain your application if you do not fulfil those requirements.
• To clean the company workshops (hangars), offices, toilets and related facilities
• To move, stack and store equipment and other goods in the required places.
• To offer a high standard of customer service to our external customers and your own internal clients.
• To follow corporate health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• To work within a team, aiming for a common goal.
• Other related duties as required by the RGV management.
The qualities we need:
• Cleaning skills to a high standard.
• Ability to work both within a team and on your own.
• Good basic numeracy and literacy skills.
• Good customer service and communication skills.
• Experience of working as part of a team, with the ability to liaise with personnel in a manner conducive to good working relationships.
• Ability to work efficiently with the ability to prioritise and organise own work load.
• Ability to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal instructions and the ability to follow set company procedures.
• Previous experience in cleaning and support services will be an advantage.
• Some basic ‘handyman’ (or ‘handywoman’) skills would be a definite advantage.
We are looking for an experienced General Aviation Aircraft Maintenance Fitter with good experience on piston engine aircraft to join our team. RGV Aviation is one of the largest General Aviation maintenance companies in the UK with over 800 maintenance inputs a year. Located at Gloucestershire Airport near Cheltenham, we maintain aircraft up to 5700 kg and your experience in the Airframes and Engines role will enable you to join a leader in this growing field.
You will have at least 5 years of previous piston engine GA aircraft maintenance experience, another and your professional outlook will be key to your success.
Your responsibilities will include routine maintenance tasks and defect rectification on a wide range of aircraft including such leading brands as Cirrus; Cessna; Beechcraft; TBM (Daher), Kodiak and Piper.
Experience on PT6 engines would be a bonus.
The Job (In short)
• Maintain General Aviation aircraft under 5700kg.
• To record and complete the required documentation.
• Full job description available on request.
Working with RGV is not just a job, it is about being part of a team.
We will consider experienced former military aircraft maintenance engineers depending on their experience but pure jet experience does not count.
We offer a range of salaries from £25,000 to £35,000 pa depending on experience. You would work a 40 hour week – Monday to Friday 0830 to 1700
Applicants MUST have right to reside and work in the UK on a permanent basis.
RGV Aviation is one of the largest General Aviation maintenance companies in the UK, located at Gloucestershire Airport, near Cheltenham.
We are looking for an experienced Full-Time Finance & Office Manager to run the Accounts Department/General Office for our expanding company.
• Preparation of monthly accounts; prepayments, FAR, accruals etc.
• Management of the day-to-day finance operations; processing of Purchase, Sales and Credit invoices, and account management.
• Processing the monthly payroll, auto enrolment, FPS/EPS & PAYE (Sage).
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, statutory reports and ONS surveys.
• Cash flow management and the production of cash flow forecasts, WIP, stock and variance reports.
• Managing the Accounts Department/General Office Team ensuring the office runs smoothly.
We are seeking a friendly and enthusiastic team player with a flexible hands-on approach. Preferably a qualified accountant (CIMA/AAT/ACCA/ACA/ICAS), you will be highly organised with excellent time management skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, Sage 50 & Payroll, as well as general administration experience and experience of managing a small team.
Are you keen to take this exciting opportunity to become part of a key support team in one of the country’s leading aircraft maintenance companies?
We offer a competitive salary from £40,000 and benefits, depending on experience.
For more details, please see our website rgv.co.uk.
Please email your CV to email@example.com or send to RGV Aviation Limited, Hanger SE4, Gloucestershire Airport, Cheltenham, GL51 6SP.