As the leading UK Cirrus Authorised Service Centre we have a range of upgrades that will make your machine so much better!
As a Garmin, Avidyne and S-TEC authorized service centre, we can offer full support for your Cirrus aircraft. From the earliest non-glass panel all the way to the ‘Garmin Perspective’ panel, we can help you with any issue that you may have.
If you have ever thought about improving the panel that you fly with then why not talk to us? We have the capability to install the following systems in your Cirrus:
- Avidyne Release 9
- Garmin G600 (for non-PFD equipped aircraft)
- ADF & DME for IFR flight into controlled airspace (both FAA and EASA aircraft)
- MLX-770 World wide datalink weather
- TWX-670 Tactical weather
- Avidyne Flight Director Upgrades
- Skywatch TCAS
- TAS-600 series TCAS
Avidyne DFC90 - Digital Autopilot replacement for the S-TEC 55X - NOW CERTIFIED BY THE FAA
The DFC90 Digital Flight Control System adds the precision and reliability of an attitude-based flight control system, as well as safety enhancements such as Flight Envelope Protection and a Straight & Level Mode that provides one-button unusual attitude recovery.
Customers upgrading from the STEC 55X will notice several major performance and feature improvements including:
- Greatly improved stability due to the use of attitude data to control the autopilot inner control loops. This is particularly evident and important when tracking an ILS to minimums in windy conditions.
- The new IAS Mode (Indicated Airspeed Hold) includes a dedicated Airspeed knob and a new airspeed bug on the PFD, and provides a more elegant way to make Flight Level changes.
- The “Straight & Level” button overrides all autopilot modes and levels the aircraft in both pitch and roll from a wide range of capture altitudes for an added measure of safety.
- The vastly enhanced flight director capability of the DFC90 greatly improves the ability to hand-fly approaches.
There are many other improvements, such as a dedicated Vertical Speed knob, pitch hold mode, wide autopilot engagement, additional annunciations in PFD 8.0, a dedicated GPSS button, automatic Back Course Approach selection, multiple color annunciations to indicate armed and active states, intercept mode annunciations, and Avidyne’s hallmark ease of use.
If you want to know more about what can be installed in your Cirrus give us a call on +44 (0)1452 855501.